A. Chongqing University specialized Scholarship for European Students
Candidates for the Specialized Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to students from European universities who apply to study at Chongqing University for at least 3 months or above and whose universities accept credits students gain at Chongqing University. This Scholarship is only for those students whose university has already signed an exchange agreement with Chongqing University and the program has been approved by Ministry of Education of China. Applicants for this scholarship should not be recipients of other Chinese government scholarships.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
- Registration fee and accommodation fee are exempted.
- Tuition is free.
- Living allowance RMB 1,500 per month is awarded.
- Online Application Form for Admission to Chongqing University.
Online application portal: http://admission.cqu.edu.cn
- Copy of passport.
- Transcript of undergraduate or graduate course.
- Personal study plan.
B. Chinese Government Scholarship – Postgraduate Study Program 2017
I. Application Deadline: April 3, 2017
II. Scholarship Information
-Exempt from tuition fee, on-campus accommodation;
-Living allowance (3000 RMB per month for postgraduate student; 3500 RMB per month for doctor student)
-Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn
III. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
－Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
－Doctor’s Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Except for the English-taught Master and Ph.D Programs, all the courses for other master or Ph.D programs will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency(HSK 4 or above)are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended accordingly.
English-taught Master at CQU: Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Urban Construction & Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Logistic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Aerospace Engineering, International Business
English-taught PhD at CQU: Business Administration
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
-Applicants for master degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
-Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
V. Application Materials
The applicants are required to provide the following application materials correctly (one original and three copies) and post them to the Admissions Office of School of International Education, Chongqing University.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship in Chinese or in English. Applicants are required to fill in the application form on the website of China Scholarship Council and have the application form printed and signed.
Online Application website : (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/)
Agency No. of Chongqing University is 10611.
2. Highest diploma. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide notarized transcripts for bachelor’s degree. Applicants for doctor’s degree shall provide notarized transcripts for master’s degree. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
5. Applicants shall submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6. Applicants for music are requested to submit one cassette recording of the applicants’ own work. Applicants for fine arts must submit six color photographs of personal works (two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
Admission Office of the School of International Education, Chongqing University
Fax: 86 -23-65111067
Admission Office, School of International Education, Chongqing University
No.174, Shazhengjie, Shapingba District, Chongqing, 400044, P.R.China
C. Confucius Institute Scholarship of Chongqing University
In order to support development of Confucius Institutes, promote Chinese language and Chinese cultural, cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of Chinese language, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) launches the “Confucius Institute Scholarship” program for providing sponsorship to students, scholars and Chinese language teachers of other countries to study at Chongqing University. Read more